USTETA Overdose Prevention and Public Safety (OPPS) Committee
Committee Mission Statement
The USTETA Overdose Prevention and Public Safety Committee advocates for the mitigation of the opioid crisis and the protection of healthcare and law enforcement confronting the crisis.
Committee Goals and Initiatives
- Develop, conduct research on, and implement public safety efforts around opioid awareness
- Create and expand the OPPS Congressional Caucus on a bipartisan and bicameral basis
- Engage decision makers in the executive and legislative branches in education about the dangers healthcare and law enforcement workers face in the opioid crisis
- Seek Congressionally appropriated funds for overdose prevention and safety measures.
- Partner with Federal and State Agencies to advance innovative solutions to the opioid crisis
- Spread awareness around the dangers of counterfeit pills
- Advocate for a robust and all-of-government approach to stemming the root causes of opioid addiction
- Stem the influx of illicit opioids and counterfeit medications in the United States